Saturday, May 26, 2007

Expect Showers

I wondered aloud in my last blog about Mayor Estok’s lawyer. Seems it is Martin Bedrock. (I know it can be confusing but he is not an animated character from the stone age. Too bad. He could probably get a nice settlement for Wilma due to Fred’s constant abuse). He is however, consul for Knox City Council. I think he has offered legal advice to the Mayor during the Council meetings. There just seems to be something inherently wrong with a lawyer representing the Mayor in his official capacity and getting a check from the government and then also representing the mayor in an election dispute. There was a City Council seat decided in this election. If election results are thrown out as Estok seems to want, then I suppose the Council race is also invalid. Maybe there is no conflict here but I don’t like the smell of it.

Martin Bedrock is a conservative Republican. What a strange choice for a Democrat Mayor. I guess I wouldn’t be surprised to see Estok switch parties and run as a Republican in the Fall. Seems like the Republican clouds are gathering.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only does it represent the City but he represents the people that the city arrests. How is all of this possible. Bedrock is not the only republican that Denny associates with. When he frist got in office he had Hienhold and Heim in his office thanking him for beating Walkal. Not only that but the Mayor told the Democrats that they had to pay to use the community center the night of the election.

Anonymous said...

The switch is very possible. Marty used to be a Democrat too.

Anonymous said...

I posted a comment yesterday! I guess you only allow those comments that are in agreement with your philosophy! Some BLOG!

knox indiana said...

Sorry, this is my blog, not yours. Did I ever claim it was a public forum? I don't print a lot of comments for various valid reasons including libelous speech and uninteresting topics (for example). I have no way of knowing what comment you might even be refering to because you haven't identified yourself.... In any case, I hope no one is forcing you to read this.